Welcome!

 

Hello There Fellow Musical Being!

My name is Tracy Mainwaring. I'm an Ontario Certified Teacher, with certification in Primary, Junior, Intermediate and Senior divisions. This means I have experience with teaching music to students from age 3-18. In my personal life, I play flute in a community band, I have a (very non-musical) husband, and three (almost) adult children, each with their own unique musical experiences. I have a knitting blog (and crochet, sewing, digital art, Cricut crafts...) and a travel blog that I don't get to work on much anymore. 

I frequently meet (usually on social media--I'm Tracy Kyla there) elementary teachers that have been assigned to teach music, yet have very little music knowledge. I love to help them believe in themselves and share the joy of music with students. All children are musical, and with the right guidance, we can keep this musicality all through life. At the very least, every one can learn the difference between beat and rhythm!

I am planning to open a Teachers Pay Teacher (TPT) store in the coming months. I also have an Instagram account and an X (Twitter) account. 

Got a question? Drop me a comment here, or message at OntTeacherTracy@gmail.com

Comments